Unit Services Assistant at Pine Creek Medical Center
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Watch this Video Clip Introducing our CEO, Dan Gideon
Pine Creek Medical Center
The Unit Services Assistant at Pine Creek Medical Center functions are as follows, but not limited to:
- Answer call lights and direct needs appropriately
- Maintain a clean environment
- Remove Foley catheters, change surgical dressings and remove IV’s
- Fill in temporarily for unit secretary as needed
- Perform bladder scans
- Transcribes, communicates and coordinates physician orders, protects confidentiality of patient information, priorities own workload
- Assists Director and Team Lead in maintaining supplies and equipment in the nursing unit, performs non-clinical nursing tasks, completes audits, and manages logbooks
- Assist with activities of daily living (ADL’s)
- Communicates admissions, discharges, transfers, expirations to the appropriate departments
- Records times into computer information system for those areas responsible for charge posting
- Notifies appropriate departments of patient disposition through computer communications or phone
- Discharges patients out of the computer system.
Uniqueness of our opportunity
Pine Creek Medical Center strives to be a leader in delivering the highest quality healthcare through exemplary services to the exclusive benefit of our patients, their families and the communities that we serve.
We pride ourselves on incorporating our values into everything that we do. Every doctor, nurse, and staff member strives to work with dignity, compassion, excellence, and integrity.
- Immediate eligibility for Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- 401k Retirement Plan with immediate vesting of matching contributions
- 3 weeks Paid Time Off (increased after 1 year)
- Up to 10 free telephonic medical consultations with a physician
- Employee Assistance Program, including free counseling sessions
- Voluntary Benefits
Requirements and Skills:
- High School or equivalent
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Current BLS
- Current Medical Assistant or Nursing Assistant Certification.
- Ability to read and interpret documents
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively with others
- Maintains confidentiality at all times
- Phlebotomy experience
- Good Communication
- Knowledge of abnormal labs and abnormal vital sign parameters.
- Hospital experience assisting with post-surgical patients and caring for their personal needs and activities of daily living
About Pine Creek Medical Center
Dignity | Compassion | Excellence | Integrity
Pine Creek Medical Center is a private, physician-owned and operated hospital serving more than 3 million people in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and surrounding counties. Pine Creek was conceived in 2003 by many physicians seeking to improve health care in the area and built in 2005, as a short-stay hospital that is thoroughly state-of-the-art. With a sophisticated environment, highly trained staff and advanced technology doctors are able to make each patient the top priority of the day.
As a “Center of Medical Excellence,” Pine Creek Medical Center has incorporated advanced operating room technology into the new hospital in a relaxing spa-like environment. Pine Creek Medical Center is equipped with the latest in state-of-the-art surgical imaging, surgical environment control, and communications technology.
Pine Creek Medical Center is accredited with the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, is Medicare certified, and is accredited by the International Medical Tourism Board.
Partners Surgical of Pine Creek LLC is an equal opportunity employer.