EVS Supervisor at Pine Creek Medical Center
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Video Clip 1: Meet the New CEO of Pine Creek Medical Center, Dan Gideon
About the Position
Pine Creek Medical Center, a fast-paced acute care hospital, is searching for an Environmental Services Supervisor that is experienced, proactive and customer service-focused.
The Environmental Services Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the EVS Department by overseeing, delegating and performing services to maintain the hospital environment in a sanitary, attracting, and orderly condition consistent with Leadership’s direction. The Supervisor meets the goals established for the department in keeping with Pine Creek Medical Center's mission, goals and objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring all work is completed in an orderly and timely manner; helps to ensure that the operating standards of support services meet Hospital and all regulatory agency standards and operating requirements for the cleaning and sanitizing of all clinical and non-clinical areas of the facility, including terminal cleaning in the operating room.
- Performs all cleaning tasks in accordance with Infection Control policies using proper tools, body mechanics, and lifting techniques;
- Responsible for ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction;
- The EVS Supervisor pursues opportunities for improvement, demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in their responsibilities.
- Responsible for the development, periodic review and revision of departmental procedures, job aids and education of department staff.
- Provides training and orientation to staff.
- Oversees the distribution of supplies and equipment. Resolves employee problems or refer matters to the Director of Support Services.
- Performs other duties as assigned or deemed necessary by Management.
- Immediate eligibility of Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- 3 weeks Paid Time Off (increased after 1 year)
- 401k Retirement Plan with immediate vesting of matching contributions
- Employee Assistance Program, including 5 free counseling sessions each year
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Spending Account (HSA)
- Up to 10 free telephonic medical consultations with a physician
- Wellness Fitness Room
- And more voluntary benefits...
- Able to work varying hours based on the needs of the hospital, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Education and Certifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Two year/Associate degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Environmental Services required and a minimum of 2 years in lead/supervisory role strongly preferred.
- AHE Chest-T and/or AHE CHESP certification preferred.
- Must be trained and experienced with hospital environmental services standards for a hospital, including terminal cleaning.
- Must be detail-oriented, proactive, energetic, customer service-oriented.
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions, makes good decisions, able to resolve conflicts, and adapts easily to changes in responsibilities.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Demonstrates good communication skills with patients and other hospital staff, strong interpersonal skills, mathematical skills.
- Reads/comprehends written instructions, follows verbal instructions, transcription, and maintains clerical and computer literacy.
About Pine Creek Medical Center
Dignity | Compassion | Excellence | Integrity
Pine Creek Medical Center is a private, physician-owned and operated hospital serving more than 3 million people in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and surrounding counties. Pine Creek was conceived in 2003 by many physicians seeking to improve health care in the area and built in 2005, as a short-stay hospital that is thoroughly state-of-the-art. With a sophisticated environment, highly trained staff and advanced technology doctors are able to make each patient the top priority of the day.
Pine Creek Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#pcmc #pinecreekmedicalcenter #generalservices