Controller at Pine Creek Medical Center
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
Watch this Video Clip Introducing our CEO, Dan Gideon
Pine Creek Medical Center
The Position: Controller
The controller at Pine Creek Medical Center is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, including the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Manage accounting functions and preparation of reports detailing financial results.
- Research technical accounting issues to determine compliance with GAAP and recommend appropriate accounting treatment.
- Establish and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations.
- Direct, coordinate and supervise the work of the accounting team in several aspects (accounts payable, financial reporting, general ledger reconciliations, payroll, inventory management, journal entries, etc.).
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Provide effective communication and establish rapport with key vendors
- Oversee the treasury functions of the Company
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic reconciliations are completed, reviewed, and approved
- Effectively coordinate with the purchasing department on AP and related issues
- Ensure that required payments (vendors, rent, payroll, leases, etc.) are timely
- Own the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system and record keeping trail
- Coordinate timely monthly and year-end close cycles
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Daily cash flow management, forecast, and reporting
- Prepare monthly, interim and ad hoc financial reports and analyses.
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory filings (e.g., income tax returns, 1099’s, Medicare cost report, Franchise Tax report, sales tax filings, property tax filings, state escheat, etc.)
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Coordinate quarterly inventory and equipment counts for the facility
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Manage and recommend special projects as needed
- Assist in determining key performance indicators for staff performance and evaluate staff
- Provide ongoing training to accounting staff and ensure that key functions have adequate backup
- Supervises all accounting staff including accounts payable
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide CFO and other requesting parties information pertaining to compliance, financial, audit, and special projects data requests
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Five years or more in a lead accounting position with a healthcare industry company
- Intermediate Excel experience (e.g., pivot tables)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Strong foundation in GAAP Accounting comprehension (not limited to the following:)
- Revenue recognition / accrual accounting, lease accounting, fixed assets, inventory, debt
- Familiarity of risk assessment and internal controls; experience in implementing processes
- Ability to read and understand financial statements and calculate key accounting ratios
- Ability to research and apply accounting standards
- Several years’ experience in coordinating external financial statement audits with a mid or large tier audit firm
- Flexibility to work as needed, including nights and weekends
- Preferred: Meditech (ERP system) and Sage experience/knowledge; Certified Public Accountant; 4 years financial statement audit experience
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance coverage
- Short-Term, Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan with immediate vesting of the matching amounts
- Paid Time Off
About Pine Creek Medical Center
Dignity | Compassion | Excellence | Integrity
Pine Creek Medical Center strives to be a leader in delivering the highest quality healthcare through exemplary services to the exclusive benefit of our patients, their families and the communities that we serve. Pine Creek Medical Center is a private, physician-owned hospital serving more than 3 million people in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and surrounding counties. The hospital was conceived in 2003 by many physicians seeking to improve health care in the area and built in 2005, as a short-stay hospital that is thoroughly state-of-the-art.
Pine Creek Medical Center is accredited with the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, is Medicare certified, and is accredited by the International Medical Tourism Board.
Pine Creek Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#controller #pcmc #pinecreekmedicalcenter